Providing Legal Services For More Than 125 Years
J. Daniel Marr
- Employment Law
- Contract Negotiation, drafting, interpretation, and enforcement
- Creditor Rights and Bankruptcy
- Business Organization, Formation and Governance
- Business Litigation
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Landlord and Tenant Law
J. Daniel Marr's practice includes providing legal counsel and advocacy for businesses and individuals and includes the areas of: employment law; entity formation and governance; creditor rights and bankruptcy; disputes between co-owners of businesses; and contract negotiation, drafting and enforcement, representing a diverse client base including physicians, accountants, construction contractors and developers, trustees, executors, manufacturers, high-tech and low-tech service providers, higher education professionals and institutions, commercial and residential landlords, and other business organizations and individuals. Attorney Marr works closely with accountants in evaluating financial conditions of entities, proper distributions to shareholders, valuing of companies under existing buy/sell agreements or under a fair-market-value analysis, and other entity governance and equity distribution issues.
Attorney Marr also works closely with the firm's Trust and Estate administration department, advising and advocating for clients on a variety of topics including the pursuit or defense of claims of lack of mental capacity or undue influence, a trustee's fiduciary obligations, trust interpretation, the proper administration of the trust, will or other estate planning documents. He has litigated numerous Probate and Trust cases on a variety of issues. Additionally, he works with clients in real estate litigation, including landlord and tenant law. He actively practices in New Hampshire and Massachusetts and can litigate matters in both state and federal court, including Bankruptcy Court. He can assist clients in disputes, and when appropriate, seek to resolve them through negotiation, mediation, and arbitration.
- Franklin Pierce Law Center, Concord, New Hampshire
- Whittemore School of Business and Economics, University of New Hampshire
- B.A. - 1983
- New Hampshire, 1987
- Massachusetts, 1996
- Currently serves on the Executive Committee of the Daniel Webster-Batchelder American Inns of Court and is a member of its Program Committee
- Past contributor of monthly articles to the Nashua Telegraph with columns concentrating primarily on employment and business law from 1993 to March 2023
- Host of weekly radio program, “Law Matters”, that aired Tuesday mornings at 9:05 AM ET on WFEA (1370 AM and 99.9 FM) from December 2014 to March 2023
- Past board member and board chair of the Nashua Police Athletic League (PAL)
- Previously taught to undergraduate students Business Law, Corporate Responsibility, and Labor/Management Relations at Daniel Webster College
Additionally, Attorney Marr has been recognized by his peers to be featured in the 26th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America for his high caliber of work in the practice area of Corporate Law. This distinction ranks Attorney Marr among the top 5% of private practice attorneys nationwide, as determined by his peers.