Providing Legal Services For More Than 125 Years

Do I Need To Hire An Attorney For My Personal Injury Case?

On Behalf of | Apr 19, 2016 | Personal Injury

One of the most common questions asked by people injured in an accident, such as a car accident, motorcycle accident, trip and fall, slip and fall, dog bite case, and other personal injury cases, is “do I need to hire a lawyer to represent me to recover from my injuries?” Even if the adjuster representing the insurance company seems polite and friendly, please remember that the adjuster’s job is to save the insurance company money and to pay out as little as possible. No matter what the adjuster states, he or she does not have the best interests of the injured party in mind. The insurance company pays the adjuster’s salary to represent the insurance company’s best interest, not the injured person’s best interest.

Further, the adjuster is typically very experienced in handling personal injury cases. Most adjusters have handled thousands of cases and the more experienced adjusters have handled tens of thousands of cases. Given that the personal injury victim typically has never negotiated or handled a personal injury claim, he or she is at a significant disadvantage against an adjuster who is well versed and trained specifically in these issues. A lawyer’s insights and experience provided to an injury victim may have a significant impact on the value of the case as well as providing the benefit of explaining the ramifications of any settlement to the injury victim.

If you have any questions regarding your personal injury claim, please contact an attorney at Hamblett & Kerrigan.

Kevin P. Rauseo is a former director at Hamblett & Kerrigan P.A. and has since been appointed as a Justice for the New Hampshire Circuit Court.  Please feel free to contact another attorney at Hamblett & Kerrigan to discuss your legal issues.